Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Travel and Sleeping

I have a great deal of difficulty sleeping in hotels, as I have previously mentioned. Unfortunately I fell asleep tonight at 6:30CT. Now I am awake and it's midnight. Ugh! Plane to catch in the morning.

It's been a long but interesting ride so far integrating two organizations. That is something I am no stranger to since we have done this 3 times previously. This has been the best one so far though I am grateful to say. Which is saying a lot because we are doubling in size with this transaction.

So far this week I have been involved in navigating 4 critical issues, and we are only two days into the week. The next two days are meetings with the rest of the senior management team to discuss integration and progress on other fronts so far.

As much as I hate being away from my family, and I really hate being away from them, right now I am happy to say that I once again love what I am doing. Part of that comes from the way the new owners seem to have faith in me to do my job. They ask me to do something and know it will get done. I appreciate that. A lot of nurses are not born leaders and I am no exception. I am grateful for the mentoring I have had from the prior CEOs.

This is by far the most transparent group I have worked with. That is hard to come by. Many organizations try to be transparent, or say they are, but this is the first time I have really seen it. I think it will go a long way in integrating these groups and forming a very cohesive senior team.

So, excitement aside, I must now seek the sleep that will allow me to rise in the morning ready to go! Have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i sure slept good in my new bed!

smiles, me
xoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

I hate being up at night when you're supposed to be sleeping. Messes me up for sure.

I'm sure you'll do just fine in whatever you are tasked to do. You just strike me as that type of person.

Hopefully you'll have a great nights sleep tonight.

Have a terrific day. Hugs. :)

Traveling Bells said...

You totally know how to make things happen, and do it right. What an asset you are to your company!

Hurry home...

Sarge Charlie said...

no doubt in my mind, you are the best thing that has happened to your company.