Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Books

When I travel I love to listen to audio books.  I get them at the library and also from Cracker Barrel where you can rent them for $3.99/week.  I also love to read my Kindle.  Unfortunately, I can't find my Kindle.  I hope I didn't leave it in Nashville, which is the last place I remember seeing it.  Perhaps in my haste to pack I left it at home.   I was really enjoying "Promise of the Wolves" as recommended by Cinderella.

Did you know you can disable a Kindle?  You just call Amazon and they shut it down so noone can use your account to order books.  I am not sure if they can totally stop it from being used but at least my card won't be charged for someone else's enjoyment.

So far this week I have traveled to Virginia, Alabama, and South Carolina.  Too much "windshield time" as my boss likes to call it.

So my question today is:  How do you sleep in a hotel?  I have tried Tylenol PM, Advil PM, a glass of wine, a book, etc.  I even used to bring my own pillow but that is too much trouble.  After 7 years I still have trouble sleeping in a hotel.  I like home.  My bed, my family, everything.  I do admit that I sleep extremely well on a cruise ship.  The rougher the water, the better.  Of course my family is always there too.

Tip for today:  Disable that lost Kindle.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wonder what makes a kindle better than an iPad for books, is it the weight? the screen? don't know, i do love the iPad though.

i like my own bed. the end. i only stay in a hotel if i have to. now a cruise ship? mmmm... any time!

smiles, bee
xoxo

Sarge Charlie said...

lets cruise.....

Traveling Bells said...

I'll take a cruise any day!!!

Hope you find your kindle...

Sandee said...

Okay we're all cruisers so far. I can sleep on a cruise ship anytime too. I loved the two nights on the last cruise that we had the big rollers. I really slept well.

Hotel bed don't bother me. When I'm tired I just crash. I always take Nyquil though because if I don't I can't breathe properly. Perhaps that's my secret.

Have a terrific day and call Amazon. Hugs. :)

Cinderella11pm said...

Sorry about the lost Kindle! Definitely call and have amazon disable it.

Thank you for the linky love, WT:) Very sweet of you, and I am glad that you are (were?) enjoying the wolves book.

Unfortunately the sequel isn't any good. I just finished it last week and was really disappointed.


Sleeping in a hotel. Hmmm, loving the room really helps as does a fabulous bed and black-out curtains, and knowing the following day will be easy.

But I can see whay if you miss your family you don't sleep well when you are away. Our hearts miss the familiar in that case.

I hated cruising with a passion by the way. The rumble of the engines and the vibrations had me almost throwing myself over the railing in misery one night, it disturbed me so much, robbed me of peace with all the noise.
Funny how different people are in what they like and dislike!