Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nashville - Good hotels are hard to find

In my hotel last night I noticed a blank spot where it looked like a towel had previously been hung.   I reached in to turn on the shower and found...yuck...someone elses used soap.  OK, that totally grossed me out.  So much for my new Nashville hotel.  I am not having a lot of luck with this area. 

Tonight I will be in the Marriott.  Here I have concierge club access and I have checked the shower.  It is clean.  The room smells a little funny, kind of like there was a smoker and they tried to cover the smell with air freshener.  I can live with that. 

I have meetings starting at 8am and going through dinner tomorrow.  These meetings are a pretty big deal because they are with our investors and new CEO and COO.  My new bosses.   I hope I sleep well here and wake refreshed.  I want to be on my game. 

With the new owners/leaders come several changes.  The first of which is I will no longer be what is called C-Suite.  (C level Sr. Management such as CEO, COO, CFO and CCO)  I will now be a VP answering to C-Suites.  This doesn't bother me as the company has grown tremendously since I began 11 years ago (7 clients to 2000 clients)  and having an attorney above me to provide guidance is a big plus.  I know my job well and I can work with anyone.  I am not nervous, just curious. 

So another journey begins.  This is not the traveling kind but it is definitely a new chapter.  I am excited to begin.  Our new home base will no longer be Nashville so I will be traveling to another city for corporate stimulation.  It is about the same distance for me so not a big change.  I am incredibly grateful to work for a company that respects the fact that I won't relocate.  They allow me to work from my home office as long as I am willing to travel at their expense.

Let the journey begin!

5 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Sometimes change is good. I know you will stay flexible and enjoy the new ride.

Good luck...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

enjoy the ride honey pie! life is good...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Cinderella said...

http://www.thehermitagehotel.com/homepage.aspx

What about the Hermitage in Nashville?

That was totally gross about the used soap!

Sandee said...

Oh that hotel room is just awful. The maid isn't doing their job and someone isn't checking to see that things are done right. Ewwwwww!

I know you will succeed because that's the way you roll. Enjoy this new chapter in your life.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs. :)

So This is Life said...

Cinderella,
Looks wonderful! Outside my corporate budget but really gorgeous!