Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tennis Anyone?

As promised I will tell you about why we spent Tuesday night in the ER.

Tuesday was as gorgeous as a summer/fall day could be. After dinner I went back to work in my home office and hubby loaded up the family and went to the park. A lively and humerous game of tennis began. After watching how poorly everyone was doing my soon to be 89 year old mother in law decided she could show them a few things. Much fun was had and they spent most of the time laughing. That is until she went for a serve that was way over her head.

Hubby's brought her home to me and I performed an assessment for a concussion. She didn't have symptoms of a concussion but her hip was hurting and the size of the knot on her head was that of a baseball. Off to the ER for another opinion.

The triage nurse was one I went to nursing school with. When Grandma said she was playing tennis the nurse looked at me and said "seriously?"

Dr. Said no concussion and the hip X-ray was fine. Unfortunately, the doctor WROTE concussion on her discharge papers and she is pretty stressed out about it now. We will get her a follow up to ease her mind. Three days later she asked me why they didn't ask her about her supplemental insurance! Who knew?

Life is always interesting. I hope I will try to play tennis at 89.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh no! poor thing!

smiles, bee
oxoxoxoxoxo

Sandee said...

Tennis is a rough game even for the very young. I can't imagine playing tennis at 89. I'm glad she's okay too.

Have a terrific day. Hugs. :)

Traveling Bells said...

I'll be a cheerleader!

Sarge Charlie said...

Let me see 89, I will be happy to play a little tennis. I hope she is doing ok.