Monday, August 8, 2011

AAA

I must say that one good investment I make annually is my AAA membership.  I have a dollar amount in mind when I make business travel arrangements because I like to be a good steward for my organization.  This is a self imposed limit because my company only tells those on the senior management team to be resourceful.  They don't set dollar limits.  I am sure if we abused that, there would be limits set, but we don't. 

I will say that AAA has allowed me to stay in places that would have been out of my limit otherwise.  For example,  one hotel usually has rates of $189 but I can sometimes stay there for $129 with my AAA card.  Much nicer than the typical chain. 

Well, in planning my trip across country, some friends of our recommended a particular resort.  I discovered that AAA will save us $100/night at this gem!  That's a lot of money.  Still a little out of my price range but since every other night on the trip will be using points, I think I can justify one night at this gorgeous, once in a lifetime resort.  Take a look:  WOW!  I haven't committed because it is a hefty cancellation fee so I want to wait until we are closer, we are sure to be there, and I can part with our hard earned money.  Seriously, $100 a night off?  Silly but I almost want to do it just to save the money.  OK, I know better than that. 

So, guess what my tip is today: AAA  Plus, you can't beat the peace of mind that comes with the roadside assistance. 

4 comments:

Cinderella said...

Have a great time at The Fairmont Hotel in Lake Lousie - what a pretty setting!

Glad AAA is worthwhile in terms of being helpful with rates. $100 dollars a night off is a good deal.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i don't need aaa with the lincoln but the discounts sure sound nice!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Sandee said...

It's still a bundle for one night, but I'd go too. It's beautiful. Go for it. We love AAA too.

Have a terrific day. :)

So This is Life said...

Woo Hoo!!! 3 comments already. I'm famous! Thanks guys for your input. I will let you know what we decide.